Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Another week in the Lord's vineyard

This is lasts weeks letter.  I already have yesterday's but I will post this one first!

Alex talks about the ripple effect that can happen by influencing just one persons life.  Of course I've heard many stories about how this is true, but it got me to thinking about exactly how that happens.  We can affect a persons life for good or for bad and it will ripple out and touch others and so on and so forth.  It is so important to always have something to stand for.  Find the one thing you know without a doubt to be true and start with it :)  ...I also can very much relate to the story he told about the woman A.C.  I am so happy that they are in tune with the spirit enough to feel someone's need.  It is a testimony builder to me to hear her story and an even prouder momma that they were able to bring some comfort to her in her time of need!!  God is mindful!!  He sees, hears, and knows!!  That brings unbelievable peace to my heart!!

The Rev is awesome!! Enjoy...


Another week in the Lord's vineyard

So what can I say... We did missionary work this week? :) That's basically what it was. There was some good things that we saw here and there. Over all it was pretty awesome. There's not much that I can say except that the Lord really does hasten his work though we may not recognize it at times. Before we write family we always write President first, but we also receive a letter from him that goes out to the whole mission. He said something that struck me, and it's something that I've heard in the past time and time again, and it's actually something I heard at a zone meeting we had this past week. President says,"The Lord is doing his work his way. He could really do the work on his own if he wanted to, but how generous the Lord is to give us the blessing of being able to participate with him." We gotta be grateful that we only are given once in a life time opportunity right? President also said that being able to touch one persons life will affect so many others in the future. It could be that that one person you taught and baptized will raise a family in the gospel, who knows! But that's a perfect example of Hastening the Lord's work.  Sometimes when missions are tough and may seem like things are regressing rather than progressing, I have to look back and see that somewhere we touched someones heart. Our area isn't baptizing a lot right now but I know it will be soon. Our less actives and recent converts that we're working with are beginning to see the difference without the gospel in their lives and are beginning to come back. Once they all do they'll bring their friends and loved ones with them.

Well I think you all know pretty well that we are still finishing up on our new member lessons. They're starting to come around and I think we almost have about 6 of them finished in a matter of week? Our investigators right now are still C. and her family of 5, and O. We weren't able to catch them this week because our schedule got super busy, and theirs as well. We were supposed to have dinner with the both of them this past week but got cancelled. We just gotta keep on following up with them! Y. and K. interestingly came to church this past Sunday... Yesterday evening my companion felt impressed to go and talk to a less active member named A. C., which is someone we've never talked with before, and she moved to Tulare in December so she was fairly new. When we went and visited we asked how she was and everything, and she started to cry. She said that she so badly wants to come to church but that she was going through such a rough time with a separation that she's had with her husband for about 2 years now. She had also mentioned that they were married for 15 years have 4 girls and were sealed and made covenants in the temple. She had also mentioned that ever since her separation she had made mistakes and she feels unworthy in so many aspects, such as praying. We assured her that the Lord is waiting for her, he wants to forgive her, only through the atonement of Jesus Christ will anything and everything become better. The spirit was strong in her home and she requested a blessing and we left from there. It was a touching experience for me to be able to have seen the spirit guide us through that whole thing.

Well only a few people have changed from transfers. Our new zone leader is Elder Lundberg, we still got Elder Wain. I don't know if I ever mentioned Elder Lundberg, but I served with him in Hughson and when I heard he was coming here I was so pumped!! We've already had a lot of fun this transfer :)

That's crazy about the team!! And I completely forgot that there are less teams in the region, so that gives them chances of playing more eh? I remember my sophomore year that's how it was. Carbon beat somebody (a higher seated team) and we had a home play off game, won it, and went to state. Maybe that's what'll happen for West?? That's sweet!... Tell Marz to watch out for them skin walkers, they'll eat you alive!

I appreciate the stories and cool stuff back home, but I gotta go here pretty soon. So let everyone know I love and miss them, and write me or something once in a while yeah?

I love ya family

P.s. there's this thing in Salt lake called an Iron rod necklace? Could you maybe look into sending me that please.

No comments:

Post a Comment