Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Una Semana llenado con bendiciones!

This letter is from Oct 6th.  So now I'll be caught up and you can know what's going on with him currently ;) Conference of course was the highlight of his week.  He loves watching it now more than ever!  He also got to watch Meet the Mormons and said it was awesome!  He asked everyone to go watch it, either in the theater or the website (I'm not sure if it's the actually movie or if it has little trailers or what, I haven't tried it yet but he provides the link).  I've heard it's awesome too and I'm excited to watch it also :)  I'll probably do it tonight as a family!  AND he saw his old rommie Zach Trujillo's girlfriend in a "Stop Bullying" video.  He was pretty stoked about that too :)

He is being transferred to Porterville, which is where he was before he came home, and you can tell he's excited about that!  He keeps progressing and he seriously inspires me to be better!!!  MAN I LOVE HIM!!  I hope everyone enjoys reading his letters as much as I do ;)



Una Semana llenado con bendiciones!

Do you like how I put a heading and then never translate it? This week has been awesome! Words don't describe how General Conference was. I love watching it now more than ever before, but general conf. on a mission is always the best. The beginning of the week didn't start off with too much, but by the end of this week I was pretty mind blown and I'll explain a little bit later. Our investigators are doing really good!! We're still teaching Arturo, but we haven't found him this week. If we find him and find out that he hasn't done much to progress or doesn't want to listen any more, we'll probably have to drop him :(. We've been emphasizing "Read and pray, read and pray" and he's done it a few times but hasn't acted upon it. When we find him we'll see how he's doing with his progression, but he's super busy and hard to catch. Hopefully we help him understand to "apply" the scriptures to himself. Stephanie and Erica are doing good still. We've caught Stephanie a 3 or 4 times this week and she's been progressing little by little. I think we've taught her 3 out of the 5 lessons so far. She knows we come by to only add to the faith and truths that she already knows. We invited her to conference but she wasn't able to come. Dang it! But I believe she watched 15 or 20 minutes of it on her phone? At least that's what she told us (hopefully it was during Elder Bednar's talk, that would've been perfect!) Erica is kind of a different story. She's been super busy with work and everything. The last time we talked to her was 2 weeks ago! Nothing much has happened with her yet... Miguel continues to read just like we ask him :) same with his wife Carmen. We passed by him on Thursday and taught out of those missionary pamphlets. Have you seen those things? They're so simple and easy to use! It's like teaching a little kid! We taught him The Gospel of Jesus Christ pamphlet and it helped him to understand so much more. If you ever get the chance to take a look at them, you will see what I mean by they're simple and effective... We've got two new investigators this week that are super solid! Their names are Tony and Alex. Tony is Axel and Abel's brother. Alex is a guy that came to help set up our Light to the Nations play that we had a few weeks ago. Brother Huerta, who is a counselor in the branch presidency, brought Alex with him. Alex had no idea that Jesus Christ appeared to the Americas. Since the play he's been to the church twice and says that this church is the ONLY church that he's ever got answers from! He's not a part of any other religion so that's good that he found the right one! We taught him about the appearance of Jesus Christ to the Americas in 3 Nephi 11, and you could see the spirit enlighten his mind. It was kind of funny, because as we were teaching him he had a look on his face like he was confused so we asked him if he had any questions and he says, "Oh no! I'm just trying to picture it in my head like the play." haha. And when he read he read the scriptures like the narrator from the play, he was just so excited that he found the story in the BOM! He told us he's going to go home now and show his wife 3 Nephi 11 so that there's no more doubts about our church.
      That's the update on our investigators this week! This week had a few other things happen though. Have you guys heard of the movie that's coming out called Meet the Mormons? Holy cow that movie is sweet! It talks about the lives of 6 Mormon families and what they're about. I think it's coming out October 10th. What's so cool about it is that it gives a clearer understanding of all lives of Mormons. We watched the movie this passed Friday and we loved it. President asked us to have our families watch it. It's on meetthemormons.com or it might come out in the theaters in Roosevelt? You could find it on the website for sure. What's even better is that 74% of people that we're not members that watched the movie would recommend it. It's a very touching, inspiring, entertaining movie. It might be on mormonchannel.org too. Speaking of which, we get the chance to go down to the stake center twice a week to see any updates on Mormon message, because here pretty soon they'll have iPads in the mission and we might teach out of them. When I went and watched the Mormon messages I was watching one called "Stop Bullying" My college roommate's girlfriend,  Zach Truijilo, was on the video!! I had to rewind it a few times to actually see that it was her. I was pretty stoked when I saw it. Wish I had Zach's email so I could tell him..... So BIG NEWS. I am being transferred back to Porterville!!! Actually it's a little town called Lindsey but it's basically Porterville. Can you believe that?? I was super excited when President told me where I was going. My new companion will be Elder Moody. I'm pretty sad to leave Elder Hall and our members. I loved them so much and I was just getting to know them. Elder Brower is leaving to Fresno East. Our Spanish branch is throwing a Fiesta farewell for Elder Brower and I tonight so it's a bitter/sweet thing haha. I was super shocked to hear I was leaving. I thought I was staying and finishing out with Elder Hall for another Transfer, but if the Lord wants us somewhere else he'll put us there!

So conference, 2 new investigators, Meet the Mormons, and Transfer calls were the highlights of the week! Sounds like everything is going really good back home. Weston's game is super exciting to hear about! Morgan is usually a tough team too. I love how the team continues to improve. Tell them to keep it up! I got the videos and pictures. I'll make sure to watch them :) Tell mar and her team I'm proud too! I'm proud brother that she would wear a Red Sox jersey to school. Speaking of baseball I saw at members home the 18 inning game between the Giants and Nationals. HOLY!! I bet Carter was happy.

I'm glad to hear everything is going good back home! Unfortunately I have limited time and I will let you know how Porterville goes this week! Tell Grandma thank you. I pray for Justin, I pray for the family, I pray for you all! Remember to continue following the prophet because he is the man! As he always says, or as every prophet advises "Try a little harder to be a little better."

Love your son Elder Horrocks

P.S. Will you send pics of West's homecoming game and everything too? Tell him I love him and good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment