Monday, September 15, 2014

He sent pictures!!! YAY!!!!

I almost had a breakdown last week!!  Nothing big really, but to me it was huge ;) Alex for some reason didn't get my email.  He had gotten the pictures I sent but no letter!  This happened once before and I HATED it!  I get all anxious!!  It feels like missing a chance to talk to him :(  Luckily I had been checking my email and he had sent a letter saying he didn't get my letter, so I quick sent it out to him again!  I was excited to tell him about my little adventure so I was sad he didn't get to read about it. (He had seen the picture I had taken tho and had a bunch of questions) ANYHOW,  I had an amazing night on Sunday when I went to a fireside that Alex's old mission president (President Gelwix) did in Sandy.  I saw that he was going to be there and it just so happened that I was in Sandy so I talked my sis KaeCee into going along with me.  Justin was going to go but decided to stay home and help grandma with the kids at the last second.  Anyway, it was such a wonderful fireside.  I felt his love for the people in the Fresno Mission and I knew that they were looked after physically and spiritually!!  Alex was blessed to know him for sure!  Afterward I introduced myself to him and told him I was Alex's mom.  He hugged me and told me how proud of Alex he was and that he loved him dearly and that he was going to make a WONDERFUL missionary!  He also told me that he was in Canada when Alex flew back out and was sad he didn't get to tell him goodbye first.  He is such a sweet, sincere, genuine man.  I knew without a doubt that he loved the missionaries and would have done anything for them.  Including listening to the spirit when it told him to go visit at 1am.  I felt very spiritually fed and blessed that he knew and cared for my son.

Alex also sent some pictures!!!  YAY!!!!!  He looks sooooo happy! I love that I can still see his personality shining through :)

Helping out, put up the play

Me trying out some costumes

Jesus Christ appearing to the Americas in "Light to the Nations"

All Book of Mormon characters and stories during the play, (Liahona, Joseph Smith finds the plates, Enos prays, all other stories)

On the way home from the play we were crowded in the car

On our way to the temple

A scripture case I made out of a cereal box and Ensign pics

Elder Guereca and I

On our way to do service. Me and my companion Elder Hall are in the back

Elder Brower creeping on Elder Hall

Me washing the car




I Didn't get a letter from you but I got your pics and stuff. I'm assuming you're sending it today? If you didn't get the chance to send yet it's okay. I'll send you mine!

Another week flown by!

So there are many miracles that we witnessed this week, but at the same time it was kind of crazy but I'll explain. For our investigators we are ready to get Axel and Abel in the water! We've taught them all the lessons and now we just got to make a baptismal service and have them be interviewed by our zone leaders and hopefully they can be baptized this Sunday. As far as tony he isn't with his brothers as much. He's usually with his mom. But when he does see us he wants us to teach him haha. We didn't see him this week though. I'll take pics and when i get a cord I'll send them to you. Our other investigators are doing good too. We love them all. One of them that's doing good is Arturo and he is right now trying his hardest to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it's true, AND if that's true then that means that Joseph Smith was a prophet right? It seems simple but yet it's so true. We dropped by him and he said he didn't read this week and so I told him to go get his Book of Mormon and he brought it to us and I asked him to read Alma 37:36-37 and he read and we told him how Heavenly Father is LITERALLY our Father. He wants to hear us pray to him. He wants to know how were doing. Just like parents want to know how their kids are doing haha. So we marked Moroni 10:3-5 and he told us he'd read it right when we left so we expect him to have that done.
        We have 3 other investigators that we met this week too. Stephanie and Erika are two of them, and they're sisters. We taught them the restoration with them and did what's called the cup lesson (do you know what the cup lesson is? Short explanation: 12 cups on bottom that represent 12 apostles, stack other cups on top that represent Jesus Christs teachings and commandments such as faith, repentance, baptism, receiving gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end... along with others like obedience, prayer, scripture, study, Sabbath day holy, and all preach my gospel lessons. On top of it is Jesus Christ cause he's the head of the church) That's not even all of it. But it helped our two investigators a lot. It kind of makes our restoration lessons really unique. Stephanie and Erika really wanted to feel the spirit, but it seemed like they wanted to know right away. But we explained that all of these things we teach don't all come at once, but overtime and with experience, our testimonies and ability to recognize the spirit begins to grow (Alma 32:28-30) we shared that scripture with them and it helped them to understand. So they're awesome! Our other investigator, or i should say really good potential, his name's Jorge. He's the friendliest Mexican I've ever met. When we talked to him he asked us to come by again. We were like what? You're asking us? That never happens! Also as missionaries were not supposed to talk about politics. When we talked he started to bring those things up, but we even told him that we don't have TV or any news to read from to know what's going on. So when we told him that he's like "Oh...well... Obama me no likey." Hahahaha he gave us a good laugh. Unfortunately we haven't caught him since we talked cause he hasn't been home. I'll let you know when we do though.
        So two crazy and exciting things happened this week. First I had an opportunity on Friday to go on exchanges with a missionary that has been on his mission for only a week. And I went to his area and he was running it. His area is out in Ceres in it is big! His name was Elder Checkets and he's English speaking. We went on exchanges because Elder Hall my companion had to go to a leadership meeting in Fresno for some leadership stuff because he's district leader. Elder Checkets and I did really good for being trainees haha. It was super hectic trying to find our way around though! Oh my heck it was so frustrating! And we were on bikes too. So that made it even better... So if you can imagine two trainee missionaries walking around a city, looking puzzled as ever, that's what it was like.... The other event was on Saturday and it wasn't as crazy. It's actually an experience I'll never forget. We did service to help out for a play called "A light to the nations" in Turlock. It's about when Jesus Christ comes to the Americas. It's like a play with dancing and singing and other neat stuff. But you could feel the spirit so strong when it showed the part when Jesus Christ appeared to the Americas. People in the act were crying and they looked so happy when they saw this. It only strengthened testimony even more of our Savior. In a sense it was like having a feel of when the Savior comes to the Earth again. We'll all be crying and walking to him ready to see him. I took lots of pictures and I'll have to send you some one of these days.

So you took a picture of President and Sister Gelwix??!! How? What was going on? Where did you meet them?? Did you tell him you were Alex's mom? :) haha that's way cool. I love the pics they're super funny! I heard about Weston's game and it seems that he's doing awesome! 3 in a row baby! Wished they would have put a big donut on the board, but 41 to 21 is still pretty good. Mar made the team! how's Justin doing? Is he doing a lot better? Tell him I love him. Hope all is well.

Well I guess I'll write ya next week cause I'm running out of time! But I love you! Tell everyone I send my love their way and remember our investigators name by name and keep them in your prayers.

Love, Elder Horrocks

This isn't a great picture of President and Sister Gelwix.  I didn't want to hold up the line any more when I got to them so I just snapped the picture while I was standing in line.  They were some of the kindest people!  So blessed they looked over my son.
Once Alex received my letter and got the story he sent this quick note back:
Got the letter! President Gelwix is a wise man! I love that man to death! I'm stoked you got to meet him and he still sends love towards me. I felt super bad that I couldn't meet him before I left but maybe I'll see him when i come home. But I think you got my letter so I'll leave it at that cause I got to head out but love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment