Monday, September 22, 2014

Otra Semana Pasada! (Another week by)

Time is all running together!  Must mean he's staying busy ;)  I told him I know that feeling all too well!!  And I'm supposing that going on a mission is a lot like the first few weeks back to school!  Super easy to get up, get ready, get going, AND be on time for the first few weeks and then the snooze button becomes your friend!! Ha Ha.  It also sounds like he's still enjoying it and even finding time to school other elders in basketball :)  Keep Praying for him and his investigators.  And pray they don't start their apartment's on fire exterminating bugs... Literally ;)

Otra Semana Pasada! (Another week by)

Santa vaca!! Weeks just fly!! I swear I was just writing you last week. Time is becoming nothing out here. The only thing that gets harder everyday is getting up at 6:30. I had so much energy in the morning my first couple weeks and now it's starting to wind down haha. That's how it is for every missionary though. This week was pretty awesome! Miracles are happening everywhere. As far as Axel and Abel the only things we need to do is get them interviewed by our zone leaders and then they can be baptized. They're expected to be this Sunday, which isn't very far away! I hope we don't have to keep delaying it. Abel wants his Dad to baptize him but the only problem is, is that he's inactive and a little bit disobedient. But Abel loves his Dad, I'm just worried that it would break his heart if he knows that his Dad may not be able to do it. But we love him and his dad! No matter what they want. Abel said he's cool with our branch president doing it if his Dad can't. If his Dad could do it I think that would sure make Abel as happy as could be. Axel just wants to get baptized he really doesn't care who does it haha. We didn't catch Arturo this week dang it! We have faith that he's doing good though. We didn't catch Jorge either. It was hard to catch our investigators this week for different reasons. We did actually have one of our investigators this week (Miguel) that actually read on his own! Holy heck can you believe that? A lot of our investigators think they have to read so much. He told us that he only read like 3 or 4 verses and me and my companion were all pumped up and excited for him! He looked at us funny, but we were being serious haha he felt like it wasn't much but we told him that's plenty and to keep reading. Some investigators read maybe a line or don't read at all. So we're super excited for Miguel! He wants to be sealed for his family. First we need to baptize him... We have a new investigator named Erika who is Stephanie's sister. Stephanie kind of flaked out on us :( we invited her to be baptized but she said she didn't want to make such a big jump in her life and that she felt that God was happy with her at where she is. We were sad but her sister Erika still wants us to come by. She has a TON of good questions and she tells us all the time, "Dang you guys are the only people that can answer my questions". We have an appointment with her on Tuesday so we look forward to that. 
        
I actually had the chance this week to go on exchanges with one of our zone leaders. His name is Elder Cook, I want to say he's from Riverton Utah? I may be wrong. But we had an awesome time together! He's a great missionary! He loves to work and he loves to just serve everyone he talks to. I learned a lot from him about missionary work and the only thing he learned from me is that I could whoop him in b-ball haha. He's an awesome dude, I really enjoyed my exchange with him. We had other meetings this week too like Trainer/Trainee and it was pretty good. I kind of already knew what was going on since I've had a taste of it before. The best thing I learned from it was to never compare myself to anybody else. Which I'll be honest I'm a little guilty of that. So I made a goal to just continue being myself during my training, and to find out by the end of my training of how I can personally teach and help others come to Christ. There are people to hear the gospel in a way that I teach, as well my companion teaches. We just have to have faith to find them... A couple funny things happened this week. We had the J-dubs (Jehovah's Witnesses) come by our door. And she was Hispanic and she saw us and said that she couldn't speak English very well, but we just said Oh no it's okay! We speak Spanish too! Then she looked at us like oh shoot, well we have another appointment to go to so we'll  come by another time okay? hahaha it was funny! The other crazy thing that happened this week was Elder Moosman tapped a wasp hole that was in the ceiling outside of our apartment. The nest was inside the hole and he took a lighter and some old spice spray and started lighting the wasps on fire and then he tapped the hole so they couldn't come out. It was super funny! He just did it like a man, and he was sitting there swiping the wasps around like it was nothing. We thought he was crazy. I'll have to send the video. Speaking of videos, President Clark has now issued that we can send videos! Also we can Skype, but only around Christmas or Mothers day. So maybe I'll send it sometime soon.

Yes i did get your package and letters :) Thank you so much! But unfortunately the chord you sent is to small. The plug into the camera needs to be bigger, so I'll just send the cord back, I might find one at Walmart or something. But thanks for the food and stuff! I think it's all gone though. It's good to hear that everything back home is good. 4-0 baby!! That's what I'm talkin' about! I miss football a lot but it sounds like the team is doing awesome. Send my love their way and tell em I said to keep up the good work. Same with Mar send my love to her! I'm glad Justin is working on his goals. We all have goals in life and I've seen changes in him since I first met him. So as far as he has come since then, I have faith that he can over come smoking! I love the pictures and I love hearing about everything back home. Unfortunately I'm going to have to cut this one short but I love you all!! 

Love your son, Elder Horrocks

No comments:

Post a Comment