Monday, September 1, 2014

Week 3: All is well in the mission!

I'll find out today if his baptisms went through.  :)  It was a fun week.  I joined a Missionary Mamas facebook page and got in touch with a few people from that area!  One of the creators of the page asked for the Mama's to post pictures of their missionary playing sports and she put together a little inspirational video.  I will add a link to the video at the end of the letter if you'd like to watch it.  Alex is around the 2:20 mark.  Another Mama posted a video of the Fresno missionaries singing "Called to Serve Him"!  It's AWESOME!  I cried like a baby :'(  Only problem is... I CAN'T SEE ALEX!!!  I'm really not sure if he was even there (I asked in this weeks letter), but it sure would have been nice to see his face singing!!  I'll post a link to it also.  If you see his face let me know!!
Over and Out XOOXX
Mama

All is well in the mission!



So this week was super super slow! There probably isn't a whole lot to discuss about what happened this week. But I'll start on the bright side. So we got 4 new investigators and their names are Arturo, Anthony, Areli, and Cesar and they are all in the same family, but we haven't met the entire family yet. Anthony and Arturo are pretty solid. They both work and are in there late teens or early twenties and they were cool with us coming over and teaching them more. We asked Arturo to pray and he said that he's never even done such a thing before, and when he prayed oh my heck it was like he had been praying for years! That was surprising to me!! I love hearing prayers from potential people because it's humble and meek and not a super long preacher prayer :). Like I said before in the past this area is super small. Right now we are out finding people, and the fact that the area is a little bit smaller makes it a little more difficult to find. But the Lord is aware of our struggles and is helping us a long the way. Also we are doing everything we can to have Axel and Abel (the 2 brothers) to be baptized on the 31st. we just have to teach them 1 more lesson... The bad news is that we've had appointments with our investigators drop left and right, and a couple of them we've had to drop :( Remember Yanime? She's still solid but she moved to Ceres because she got kicked out of her house. We only know that she might of got in a little to much trouble with her parents. But we asked if we could still teach her and she said yes! For Yanime we are thinking about transferring her over to the YSA Elders out in Ceres. Whatever we have to do to get her baptized!
              There's actually crazy news. I don't know if I shared this with you or not but transfer calls came up on Saturday night! Elder Hall and I are staying but Elder Lundberg is going to be a zone leader in the YSA Fresno north area. None of us saw it coming! I think he'll do good though since he's been district leader before. His companion Elder Brower is getting his 6th companion and he's only been on his mission for 4 months hahaha. He's had companions come in and out for different reasons... By the way I gave my first talk yesterday! I was beyond nervous because it was in spanish. Elder Hall took like 30 minutes and left me with about 5 to speak. I spoke for 15 mins though haha that's whats great about the language barrier. You can talk about 3 things and take 10 minutes to do it. I gave my talk on conversion through the atonement, and how we can make the atonement personal in our lives. Elder Hall told me I did pretty good and that it made sense. If my companion tells me that, that's good with me :)
        Dannnngggg Weston?!?! What the heck happened on Friday?? Wish I could have been there to watch it. Weston's already got 3 more touchdowns than I did my junior and senior year.  But that's good for Weston! Tell him to keep it up! I'm glad to hear that everyone else is doing good too. I'll keep saying my prayers for home every night. Tell him Justin I love him, and Mar too.

     I'm getting used to the Mexican food out here. Fire bum is starting to adapt to me haha. Let's just hope that it's not the same with gay guys. Elder Hall told me that we are in the heart of it all though. There are gays everywhere, especially in San Francisco which is  only like and hour away.

But time is short and I got to head. I love you all and God bless!
Love Elder Horrocks

p.s. I'll keep you updated on packages. I'm sure the zone leaders will bring me the ones you sent tomorrow





No comments:

Post a Comment